Tuesday, June 12, 2012

As I was reading


I seldom read these days. The free time I had at home (& at work) was all guitar time. Even when I'm not playing, I will invest in maintenance time for selected darlings; I have many, yes?

However, I do enjoy a good read but I steer clear from fiction literature unless it's something by Jeffrey Deaver. This is a contemporary favourite, before Deaver, I was hooked an Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes adventures as well as Thomas Harris' Hannibal chronicles. I happened to be at MPH yesterday & saw this book by Adibah Amin, As I was Passing (Part 1). It's actually a compilation of her newspaper columns by the same title in the 1970s. The documented accounts are all anecdotal, a simple re-telling of everyday occurrences which we all could relate to. It's this honest-to-goodness accounts that I find captivating & was rather hooked last night reading it while sipping coffee in Monday's late tranquility. Bliss. 

I wonder if I could muster enough recollection in time to come & churn out a guitar version of it, maybe I'd call it As I Was GUITARing.

PS: If you have As I Was Passing II & you wish to let it go, I'll be glad to give you good money for it :-)