Thursday, June 14, 2012

Taxed & pissed

It's mid-year, it's tax season. It's that time of the year when some people out there check your income in the name of nation building. I'm paying more taxes this year, in fact, it's the largest sum I'm about to surrender to the authorities (unwillingly) ever. I'm ticked off because my annual increment is about 50% lesser than the annual taxes I'm paying. I'm also given some mid-year bonus but I have to double that bonus amount just to clear this round of taxation.

What's that? I've spent way more on guitars & stuff yet I'm whining about this nominal contribution for the betterment of my country? But my gear expenditure is a willing surrender; it's a very different affair.

For the record, I'm not a willing contributor to the inland revenue. I'd rather finance the treatment of some injured animals rather than believe my contribution towards nation building would have any real returns for me. FOAD indeed.

No comments: