Sunday, June 24, 2012

Edwards: E-MA-100SD (Part 1)

The new darling is an Edwards E-MA-100SD quilted maple top version. When I was at Davis to test them, I chose the blue version, I thought they were both identical save for the finish- I went with the blue version, I didn't handle the red darling. It was definitely an above-average guitar but it didn't 'speak' to me so I went home empty handed. Days later, I told Janet I wish to try the E-MA-110 as it features a pair of Duncan Blackouts. I was at Davis after work & tested the aforementioned guitar & was rather surprised with the lighter being, the blue E-MA-100SD I tried previously was more massive than the 110. My gut feeling told me to check the red 100SD to see if there are any weight variation & true enough, it was the lightest & the most 'singing' among them- the reason it went home with me :-)

My thanks to:
  • Janet (@ Davis GMC) for letting me try the guitars with a simple Marshall amp to hear the true worth of the Edwards in terms of tone
  • Edmund for setting up the simple Marshall amp despite attending to another customer- thumbs up, bro!!

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

looks like i'm right again :)

Dr. Bentara said...

I am going to get one of this!