Friday, June 8, 2012

Carach Angren: Where the Corpses Sink Forever

I know what you're thinking; what's with these Euro black metal outfits with semi-unpronounceable names? Well, they are quite the flag bearers of this music genre & they can name themselves as they see fit- no compromise. Carach Angren isn't new entirely, it's mentioned in one of Tolkien's epic tales, it translates to be Iron Jaws. I was reading the lyrics of the songs (yes, I'm inspired by lyrics at times), this was what prompted me to check the band out because Carach Angren actually sings stories- one more time- they sing stories. They penned out stories then sing them to drive the message across. As such, I have utmost respect for their option in presenting the music on an orchestral platform. Plus, they are capable players churning out great music. Watch & acknowledge:




Zahid- this reminds me of your current outfit: No bass = No problem!

No comments: