Friday, January 4, 2013

Graphtech-ed

The guitar in question is my Ibanez GRGR010, a budget GIO model with no bling factor at all. Recently, the bridge saddles turned dodgy due to rusty action adjustment screw. I could have easily replaced the affected screws only but went all the way to replace all saddles with the Graphtech version. Some would deem my decision wasteful; why spend too much on a budget guitar but I treat all my instruments with respect. I give them due attention because they serve me well regardless of the lower tier the are in. Imagine having a child & giving him/her secondary treatment just because he/she isn't as smart or capable as his/her siblings. It reflects very much on you- are you stroking your ego or treating your property with due care because you know it's your responsibility to do so?

No comments: