Monday, January 28, 2013

Ibanez: RGR520

Ibanez's RGR520D is one of the new models offered this year. While I salute the manufacturer's inclusion of a Seymour Duncan set (JB/'59), it's a little baffling to see the Edge Pro bridge still marking its presence. I've nothing against this bridge, in fact, I revere it for its ability to include the strings' ball end while still being a locking unit. The Edge Pro definitely sits above the EZ-II in terms of performance, in my books.

What's that? There's too much Ibanez coverage here? Well, I've pretty much covered what Gibson has to offer this 2013 at the twilight if 2012, the Fender offerings are largely above mid-price & the ones more accessible to the man on the street (OK, ladies as well) are largely unconfirmed (applicable to this country) in terms availability here. I'm still waiting what the ESP chaps have to offer in addition to the LTD Elites but I know there are more good things from them at the tail end of the season :-)

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

white = wishlist :)

YusTech said...

Toothbrush sold seperately.

Benja said...

i remember reading a column about the EP vs the lo-pro and the original, but an't rmb what the issue was. is it something to do with the locking stud?

subversion.sg said...

the Edge Pro can't quite do the 'bounce'/ wobble, it's not smooth enough. that's what they say but to me it's not issue...