Sunday, May 20, 2018

Driven anger


If you don't already know, the Angry Driver is a 2-in-1 unit featuring BOSS' Blues Driver & JHS' Angry Charlie. The former is something I sold off a while back & the latter is something I tried at the stores but didn't buy. As it is, I wouldn't buy any of those pedals (again) because as stand alone units, they are not what I look forward to hear but putting them together is a different story. 

The JB-2 lets you employ the pedals individually as well as stacking them up in some modes. I don't see myself using the individual pedal mode but putting them together yields some practical tones. On that note, the combo modes aren't for those looking for subtle drive responses. Current favourite- the B-J mode where the milder BD successfully blends into the raunchier AC to create a boosted amp drive type experience. The parallel mode features some pleasant top end owing much to the tapped output. My only gripe- the concentric control knobs. It's be much appreciated if the colours are differentiated somewhat to help us in times of haste. 

No comments: