Sunday, December 30, 2018

Reverse head rush


Last few re-string entries before work kicks into full swing. This is none other than my Ibanez RGR321. After I bought my GRGR010LTD, this one appeared in the store- damn! The idea of buying the GRGR was to own a reverse headstock Ibanez which I detested. I simply disliked how an Ibanez reversed headstock looks like; I find it unacceptable. However, I told myself if there's one I could get for cheap, I'd do it in a snap. So the GRGR happened & I could get along with it despite the unsightly headstock. It's a mind-over-matter therapy; ignoring the ridiculous implement & concentrating on one's abilities. So when the RGR appeared in store one fine day, it was an attraction.


I had Beez instal these Seymour Duncans just two days ago: JB (b)/ P-Rails (n). I'm in the P-90 swing of things so the P-Rails in split coil mode did the job. The JB in any of my guitars, is simply a joy to work with. A definite favourite but preferred in some guitars over others. 


WEF 2019, I'll be investing in 6-in-1/ 3-in-1 packs for certain gauge types because it makes more economical sense. Mathematically, it works out to be less than $6 per pack. If you are a seasoned string buyer, you'd know that quality starts at the $6+/- price point & we don't see many of such offerings in the stores. To think that we could get a good pack of D'Addarios for less than $5 some time back is so unreal. Those were the days. 😔


So I had the ferocious meow here to look after the instrument while I showered & I must say she did a good job. 

It's the final Sunday of the year & everyone's bracing for the 2019 chapter to begin. 😀🍺

No comments: