Monday, December 17, 2018

Bleakest winter


I've been re-stringing guitars everyday. This was done on Saturday- my Ibanez S1620FB. It's one of my best S-Series & it's also another one I got for a bargain. Despite being a Prestige model, certain special editions/ regional exclusives don't come with a hard case. 


The current SD pickups in there are the Black Winter humbuckers. There used to be Teslas but I had a feeling the BWs would be awesome & they are above my expectations in terms of high gain/ intense distortion applications. Thus far, I'm of the opinion the Alpha/ Omega are on par with the BWs in this aspect, the former pair being less crunchy & smoother in the bottom end. These are by no means PAF-like in terms of subtleties but the BW in the neck position can rival the Sentient/ Jazz in terms of clarity & single note separation- rather surprising.


This guitar was fitted with a set of Cleartone 9s, seen here in its new packaging (now available at Davis GMC). 

It's the week before 🎄

No comments: