Sunday, December 16, 2018

Agent orange


I got this Jackson DK2T for a bargain & it's proving its worth.


The usual maintenance; wipe down, re-moisturized fretboard, cleaned electronics & re-strung with Darco 9s.


I must say that the Seymour Duncans I have in various guitars are sounding good with the DS-1. I usually avoid using a distortion unit & let the high gain amp pull off all the aggression with an overdrive unit instead. However, I'm backing off the gain over at the amp a wee bit more these days to let a more commanding pedal colour the tone. So far the DS-1 is winning it & living its reputation to be a no-frills unit since day one. The pickups in this guitar: JB (b)/ Jazz (n). The JB is manifesting a deeper thump despite its reputation for being treble-inclined. 


So something happened along the way; that screw there was the culprit. I was removing the mounting ring & the said screw won't budge obviously due to its dead state. Had to use a larger screwdriver to force it out & the tension release stressed the structure hence the crack. I was wondering why this particular screw ended up this corroded when the other three were not, given the fact that I meticulously wax all screw threads to prevent any untoward incidences involving corrosion & permanent grounding. I might have overlooked this one. I have spare pickup mounting rings in the house so no issues pertaining to replacements. 

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

does Dinky body really smaller than Soloist? can you do a comparison?

subversion.sg said...

Noted for future entries :-)