Sunday, December 2, 2018

The other way


I'm really, really glad I bought this. It's not an easy purchase, lots of snooping around the net, trawling through Japanese websites & finally finding it. The info was relayed to the good people at Davis GMC (thanks, Joe/ Janet!) & it finally touched down like more than 2 months later. Why Davis? Because they have an excellent relationship with ESP & that's why we see selected Edwards model making it here. In my case, this is the 3rd 'special order' involving the Edwards brand & it went as smooth as my other 2 orders. It's only the waiting that kills.


Recently, it had its 5-way selector replaced- corroded + no notching in any positions.


While I was at it, got Beez to replace the default cap to the Emerson you see above. I only bought it because it's on sale. ESP pots by default.


3 x single coil cavities.


Anyway, the pickups on board are Seymour Duncan's SSl-1s by default, very normal but sounding extra special in this guitar. The bridge pickup there has some mojo going namely due to its reverse tilt. Well, if this was meant for a lefty, that would have been a normal tilt. When my playing runs into a black hole, totally lost, uninspiring, dead, chances are, I'll give this guitar a go; it's just very inspiring. 


I know what you're thinking- I'm actually trying to re-create that Hendrix magic down to the quirks but hey, I'm not a Hendrix fan, will never be one. I dislike his playing & might be the very few guitar dweebs out there who might be behaving this strangely. Well, that's how it is. One thing for sure, this guitar taught me to deal with limitations & discomfort, focus on the good tones & feel instead. FYI, it's an Edwards E-SE-125M/RB.

1 comment:

YusTech said...


One do not have to be Hendrix, Bonilla, Cobain, Bieber etc as long one plays it rightly. That is bass string on top,treble string on the bottom. He he.