Thursday, December 13, 2018

The sound of white noise


I have not played this for a good half year. I'm trying to figure out which replacement pickups should be in there. Recent sale events saw some DiMarzios & Bare Knuckles with significant price cuts but I'm not a fan of those despite the temptations.


This one caught my attention & there's no turning back. A Custom Shop piece with Seymour's signature; must be my lucky day.


So the entire Seymour Duncan line up: Custom Shop Crazy VIII (B)/ Classic Stack Plus (M)/ Distortion (N). The white middle pickup was intentional & the control knobs together with the selector tip were given the white treatment as well. I made a big decision to leave the tone control unconnected for a wide open tone. It's that special consideration for this guitar in making it a little different from the rest. Some tone appraisals soon.


Re-strung with Sfarzo's 5109 set of 9s. Sfarzos are not sold off the shelf here, bought this online.


Ready to annihilate everything that gets in the way. Sort of. 😎

No comments: