Tuesday, December 18, 2018

EII 2019


Alright, it's the second instalment of what's new from the ESP camp (2019). The V-type Arrow model is gaining momentum in terms of popularity & they've included a through-body string model this time. I'm of the opinion that the inlays there could be more appealing. 


The buzz for 2019- ESP is propagating the fade finish. I've picked this one as a pleasant example. Also, the Eclipse is sporting a burl top for selected models as seen here as well.


The manufacturer claims there's an increasing demand for Bare Knuckle pickups for their instruments (wonder where that came from) so for 2019, even (selected) 7-string models would be BK-ed to appease the fans out there.

I have a soft spot for ESPs. I think they are one of those manufacturers who included a tasty twist of flair into their designs without looking desperate. Since they re-packaged their Standard models into E-II, I've stopped buying simply because it signals a compromise in label pride. I firmly believe that nobody looks forward to buy an E-II. They want an ESP. If ESP has an E-II in its range, then it should be reduced to a secondary label. They way I see it, it's not difficult to swap the E-II at the headstock for that ESP at the 12th fret inlay. But what do I know about marketing strategy, yes? Especially if you have a USA range to push through. 

No comments: