Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ibanez: SV5470

The new Ibanez SV5470 is a sleek guitar. Many S-series fan had been waiting for a manifestation featuring a non-locking nut & a simpler bridge; Ibanez has delivered.


While there is much fanfare with the new, vey innovative, SynchroniZR bridge, there are other subtle refinements such as this rear forearm chamfering. The message is clear; Ibanez wants you to have the furthest fretboard reach.


I think I speak for the countless Ibanez fans out there: Please include the Auto-trim locking tuners in more models.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to order one. It is the perfect guitar for me. A mahogany body with a flame maple top with a wizard neck and a high quality non floyd bridge - perfection. I plan on using it for practice at home through a roland cube. Ibanez pickups are notoriosly poor - but these should suffice for my needs. If I absolutely hate them, Ill drop in some EMGs. Imagine this guitar with a set of EMG 81/sa/60. Spooge!!!

subversion.sg said...

active units would kill the inherent wood tones; the reason i don't fancy them.

do note that the top on my SV's body is ash, not maple.