Monday, June 30, 2008

GHS: Santana

I had this GHS set in my LP Std lately; not that I believe it would Santanarized my tone (no such miraculous presence to report) but the fact that I have another .0095 set to consider in addition to the Curt Mangan/ D'Addario set. The presence offered by this string set is rather substantial, if you have ever tried DR strings, you know what I'm driving at.

The highlight here is the strings' ability to eliminate the trigger of natural harmonics (no worries, you can still pinch them at will) at very high gain/ drive settings. This would be beneficial if you like your tone smooth & round especially in the top end; some of us would like our tone not to end off in a squeal.

Durability- the Curt Mangan brand name, in my books, is still the standard to beat when it comes to treatment-free (no fancy cryogenics or Cutex-like coating) endurance.



No comments: