Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mayhem: Blasphemer (Part 2)


After Mayhem's performance, I made it a point ot talk to Blasphemer during the autograph session. The crowd who stayed behind to do so was small so after Blasphemer put marker to poster, I lingered on for some music-related talk...
He actually has partial endorsements with BC Rich & Ibanez but isn't too particular with the instrument's brand name or parts detail; as long as it's good enough (in terms of feel & tone), he's game. This might be the reason why he didn't mind the back-up Washburn when his Warlock's string snapped during the show. After it was re-strung, he chose to stick with the Washburn (respect!!). His firm fav remains to be his Warlock which, prior to the Singapore date, had seen a neck replacement.
On a personal note, I'm of the opinion that Blasphemer has a knack for individualism/ distinction; I was like four/ five persons back in the queue when he spotted my t-shirt & shouted that it was nice & wanted to know where I got it. I was taken aback actually, believing that I had somehow gotten myself into a merchandise piracy quagmire but it turned out to be otherwise. He was actually appreciative of the fact that I actually spent money to have the Wolf's Lair Abyss promo poster printed- effort reflects dedication; so I found out.

No comments: