Wednesday, January 14, 2009

AT100- reissued...


For the record, Andy Timmons is no longer an Ibanez endorser. This 2009, in the spirit of true benevolence (believably...), the manufacturer is re-issuing the AT100; here's what Mr. Timmons has to say about it (taken from his official home page):

Hi Folks,

I'm very proud to announce that Ibanez and I have agreed to re-issue the original AT100 on a global scale. As opposed to the original AT100 which was a limited production (we think @ 300 were made), the AT100CL will be available worldwide and will be made to the exact specs as the original including the hand shaped neck!!

As you may recall, I announced a while back that I had parted ways with Ibanez and that I just wanted to play whatever I felt like playing. I never had any intention of signing with another guitar company as many had speculated. I did get approached by many companies once word got out (which I was very flattered by) but it was more important to me to remain independent and avoid a reputation as an "endorsement hopper".

What I discovered in this time period is that I do love to play Strats occasionally as well as SG Specials, Teles and Les Pauls but nothing feels like "home" like my original AT100. Tone, feel and expression.

It's truly MY guitar. As I was coming to this realization, Hoshino invited me to play for their 100th Anniversary concert in Japan w/Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert.

I was very honored to be asked to do so and I thought it was cool for them to ask considering I wasn't currently an endorsee. During my visit they approached me with the idea of re-issuing the AT100. It was just perfect timing...it felt "right"!

I know there has been a lot of interest in this guitar in the past, so I'm so happy to say that it will finally be available in 2009!

The guitar will be unveiled at the January NAMM show (and available for pre-order) in Anaheim and should be in stores by Spring.

The Andy Timmons Band will appear opening for Paul Gilbert and Racer X
as part of the NAMM festivities. Good stuff indeed.

I'm off to play...I'm inspired!!!

Andy

No comments: