Saturday, January 24, 2009

Talman

It's been a while since a last played my Ibanez Talman- was distracted by active pickups, protruding guitar body outlines, 8-strings & bass, among others. This affordable guitar is definitely my firm favourite namely attributable to the neck profile. I do not favour a finished neck, I sweat too much & the sticky sensation would kick in quickly during play but the overall profile of this neck makes me wanna play for hours (which I did last night). It has that wide/flat feel which helps me play fast with minimal mistakes. The bonus here is that I managed to lower the action to rival some of my RG models so playing it is as inviting as the rest. The default humbuckers are also a surprise; these aren't the darling Super 58s but they are fine through my amps, lots of warmth & clarity.

I'd do well this year to check more Artcore models out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, like the one shown here.. that "stand" on the neck.. wonder where u got it and how much?

subversion.sg said...

that's my Planet Waves Headstand, first featured here: http://theguitaraddict.blogspot.com/2008/02/maintenance-assistants.html

you can get one @ swee lee/ Davis, i can't remember the price but it should be $12+/-...

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot man!