Saturday, January 3, 2009

The rhythm companion

The days leading to the new year were dreadful episodes of work preparation. Everything takes a back seat, work commands priority. I was too whacked to even update anything here hence the hiatus. Everybody else believes the new year would be the opportunity to start anew- less me, of course. I don't look forward to be engaged in the line of duty where change is marginal. The Luciferian whispers inside of me provokes a career switch...

Enough whining.

Anyway, I played my RGA121 today with some rhythm backing courtesy of my ZOOM RT123 (discont'd). I've put this away for a while because I misplaced the power adapter for it but today it was unearthed beneath a sheaf of rancid newspaper, so work took a back seat.

I invested in a simple drum machine to spur inspiration; I get motivated to play after hearing an interesting percussion inter-play more so than being intrigued by another guitar player. My rhythm companion here is really a fundamental beat generator but it does its job well. More importantly, it helps me play on.

No comments: