Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ibanez: RGA32 (Part1)

Having a soft spot for a lacquer-free body finish, I was naturally attracted to the new RGA32, so it's naturally the guitar I brought home yesterday. I own an RGA121 but this Indonesian version is very much lighter than its Prestige counterpart.

Here's a look at the guitar's rear...

I have no gripes with the overall QC but it seems that someone over at the factory missed a spot in one of the screw cavities.

The Gibraltar Standard bridge is a neat inclusion, but it's not easy finding replacement parts as this is a unique Ibanez hardware. It's a marvelous first 2009 acquisition for me- but which other guitar made its way here as well? Stay tuned... :-)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sub, any tonal difference between that and the RGA121?

I think i saw saddles like that when i was at zen, but have to double check it though.

-darknessiscomfort-

subversion.sg said...

lots of tonal differences- active RGA32 vs passive RGA121.

Anonymous said...

I saw this guitar yesterday at Swee Lee. I actually said to myself out loud,"That's Sub's guitar."

And this happened BEFORE I read this entry about you acquiring one, hehehe.

subversion.sg said...

my guitar exclusively? he he...

Anonymous said...

Not sure about the exclusive part, but I definitely won't have a chance to own it anytime soon, heh.

Anyway, actives on 2 AA batteries pretty interesting. Any tonal difference in terms of "activeness" as compared to the ones using 9v?

subversion.sg said...

no- they sound equally crunchy & in need to be played driven.

Anonymous said...

Wow bro, how much did you get this for?

Unknown said...

can you post bigger pictures of this guitar? please

subversion.sg said...

all pics in all posts will enlarge upon clicking.

Unknown said...

I just want to see how look curved body. From this pictures is little difficult to tell that, but ok Thank You

subversion.sg said...

oh, you wanna see the arch top- ok will put up pic soon :-)

Luc R. said...

Wow! I just purchased the same guitar! I'm thinking that I'll swap em actives out for passive DiMarzios though cuz I don't have a tube amp for em to drive :(

subversion.sg said...

having a tube amp for this guitar is unnecessary...

Unknown said...

hello

I purchased also this guitar. very nice guitar, but I dont like active pickups I will replace with seymour duncan: sh2 and ah4 jb

subversion.sg said...

i'm considering replacing them as well :-)