Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New pickup- Ibanez SA1260

So this is the latest pickup trio in my Ibanez SA1260:
  • Neck: DiMarzio True Velvet
  • Middle: DiMarzio Area 67
  • Bridge: D'Activator X
Initially, the neck Area 67 stayed put but after some time, I feel I can do better with a more twangy pickup in the neck, especially with lots of distortion so the 67 migrated to the middle position. I have a non-stacked unit in the neck, the True Velvet, which is the best for this guitar. It's frustrating hunting for the right preferred DiMarzio for the SA1260 due to its heaviness. Also, I'm not a DiMarzio fan, the selections I made are less fruitful, I'm more familiar with the Duncan selections but I would want to keep the pickups here an all DiMarzio affair.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same ninja from my son's nutella...

Hahahaha... sadly not the same guitar!

LG

subversion.sg said...

this ninja chap was indeed from the Kinder Joy candy :-) my daughter's...

Anonymous said...

hey sub, how is the ltd st 203 that you sold earlier on? was it of poor quality as to why u sold it?

subversion.sg said...

no QC issues there, in fact, it's one of the best i've come across in this price bracket. i prefer maple fretboard for single coil guitars, so i gave it up :-)