Thursday, February 3, 2011

DiMarzio trio

My Ibanez RG560 now sports a trio of DiMarzio pickups:
  • Neck: Half Track
  • Mid: Fast Track 2
  • Bridge: PAF
I've decided to keep it all DiMarzio here despite my personal preference for Seymour Duncans. The Half Track is a wonderful acquisition with the right amount of output for distortion clarity; it's one of those little darlings which doesn't mud out when I sweep. Ironically, the bridge humbucker is the least powerful member in terms of output but it's most suitable pickup in the collaboration. Whatever low output, vintage voicing wonder the manufacturer had marketed it to be, it performs very well given an extreme distortion setting; I certainly didn't buy it to sweet-creamed my RG; that's not what this guitar is good for.

PS: Thanks BEEZ for the superb workmanship once again.

No comments: