Sunday, February 20, 2011

Carl Martin: Classic Chorus (Ver II)

I currently own 2 Carl Martin Classic Series pedals; the DC Drive & Crush Zone. I had considered the the Classic Chorus but decided against buying another in the trapezium outline housing; it's space consuming.

So when the manufacturer offer this series of pedals in the more squarish, trimmed format, I didn't hesitate to get one. Being a distortion inclined person, I have a particular preference for a chorus unit- it shouldn't intrude into the distortion, just enough to expand the tone's width, ie. making it fatter. I've tested many chorus units, the ones which work well & don't intrude into distorted tones too much are the vintage voiced units, one of which is the Carl Martin version you see above. The modern chorus voicing can be too lush even at minimum settings & the flanging/ vibrato effect would be intrusive & magnified by distortion; I get bothered by this too easily.

3 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

comes with free lego doll

Marcus said...

have you tried the boss ce2? i think its the best chorus ive ever heard. a beautiful sound.

subversion.sg said...

i've definitely tried that. it belongs to the intrusive camp which doesn't do my distortion any good. Of course, it works for everybody else, he he...