Thursday, February 10, 2011

ULTRAs

I've been looking around for an ESP model which is a little different but not a major departure in terms of design, from the mainstream offerings. I remember there was an Ultratone model, which was very Viper-like, Geroge Lynch was seen playing one some time ago. True enough, there was an Ultratone but it was discontinued in 2004 (pictured above).

However, the Ultratone was updated subsequently & it escaped my attention. The revised edition features (it's still available today):
  • 2 more frets
  • a re-designed pickguard
  • re-aligned humbuckers (not to mention the Duncans currently in use)
  • knobs re-orientation
  • body outline revision
  • truss rod access re-location
I might just refer to this blueprint for my subsequent ESP special order. If there are any more, that is. Still waiting for my current one.

No comments: