Monday, February 7, 2011

A Talman weekend

I spent the last 2 days playing my Ibanez Talmans.

Saturday, 5th Feb
I spent about 2 hours (at night) playing my acoustic Talman. Sometimes it's good to focus on finger dexterity, leaving the pick aside. For the first half hour or so, it's an unplugged session but frustration set in because I plucked my strings too hard, the right hand became lethargic & mistakes set in. Subsequently, I got the bass amp out & plugged the guitar into it with some chorus & it was a joy to hear that tingling cleans. No chords in play though, just some triads & arpeggios.

Sunday, 6th Feb
I tried to emulate yesterday's clean + chorus episode without much success because the TM-71 in use here isn't a pure acoustic instrument.There's no full-sounding hollow cleans to be had. So it was distortion thereafter, this induced some speed in me but when it's all about speed, the musical aspects of playing gets compromised. Sometimes, when one gets too comfortable with one's gear, drifting into utter rubbish is inevitable.

No comments: