Thursday, April 7, 2011

Boost it

I recently bought this very affordable booster unit; EHX's LPB-1 (List: $68 @ Davis GMC). 

My current gear occupation now is pairing up a distortion unit with a booster & maybe have enough energy & motivation left to document the successful pairings. The LPB-1 represents a fundamental booster unit with negligible tonal influences although you'd argue that the mere boosting process per se is the tampering of tone. We seldom get more of the same tone after a boosting sequence, there's bound to be a little difference, how negligible it may be.

My other booster units:
  • MXR: Micro Amp
  • Seymour Duncan: Pickup booster

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sub, pardon me for hijacking your post but is a booster pedal the same as a buffer, i.e, for pushing the guitar signal through a long chain of effects and/or cables?

Thanks in advance!

subversion.sg said...

hi my friend :-)

the booster could be viewed as a buffer with an option to increase more gain. we note that majority of the buffers do not have this option.

Anonymous said...

Whew, thanks Sub! By the way, your posts are criminal. I've always been a fan of Mustangs and now, it is as good a time as any to get my very own Pawnstar.

Cheers, man!