Sunday, April 24, 2011

Re-string weekend: Jackson DK2T

I've been playing my Jackson DK2T for the last couple of days & the default strings finally gave way to grime & rust. I bought a pack of GHS Infinity Steel ($9.30) from the good people at TY Music; I'm a fan of steels lately for their inherent brightness. Friends reminded me of their abrasive property but I'm not too concerned with that as I employ minimal string bending. Don't squint your eyes because the wound strings you see there are indeed black- the Infinity Steel features black coating for the wound trio in this .009 set. The coating here feels much thinner than DR's Neons but let's give them some time to prove their durability.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

reminds me of taking some fruits now...

Anonymous said...

That colour reminds me of the "Jeff Beck Orange Jackson" from the early 80's.

subversion.sg said...

ah, yes. i remember that one too- it's a CHARVEL.