Saturday, April 23, 2011

They know not the stand

Going about town carrying a guitar stand made me an easy security target. It's inevitable since security measures are effective especially at MRT stations & the officers on duty don't see dweebs carrying guitar stands too often- they don't know what the contraption is. I am glad my country prioritizes security 24/7 but I got sick after being asked what I was carrying. The following conversations took place at some of the stops yesterday:

CITY HALL station
Security: Boy, what is that?
Me: I am not a boy, I'm more than 30 years old. Oh, what thing?
Security: This one (pointed to guitar stand)
Me: Oh, spare parts for my broken toilet pipes. Here, you can check.
Securty: Oh, OK. No need to check, just asking. Thank you.

BUKIT GOMBAK station
Security: Excuse me sir, can I check your item?
Me: Sure, be careful it's fragile.
Security: Sorry, any electrical components inside?
Me: Yes, when I pull the leg open here, it's switched on but right now I have no plug or cable to show you.
Security: Thank you, just checking.
Me: No worries.

CHOA CHU KANG station
Security: Excuse me, can we check your item, please? What is this, book-shelf is it?
Me: How'd you guess?
Security: He he... I think I've seen it before. Thanks.
Me: No problem.

15 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

toilet pipes? electrical components? book shelf? wtf? hahahaha...

or u could say these instead:
1. owh nothing, it's just a replacement barrel for my home-made gatling gun
2. these? gonna make myself a pipe bomb for coming national day
3. nah, it's just a guitar stand

Anonymous said...

hahahaahaha very funny conversations there!

Anonymous said...

Glad that nobody thinks there were 8 gun barrels...

GZNG said...

we wonder their reactions if you had said "some bomb"

Anonymous said...

hahahaha....

Loki said...

same thing happened whenever i bring my pedal case around. They will ask me open up and ask what is it for every single pedal.. My answer is 'its a guitar effect'. -_-"
but it is funny tat they didn't even know what a guitar stand is.

Anonymous said...

Actually, it is able to hold 8 toilet rolls. It's meant for toilets that are operational-ready for massive massive diarrhoea cases. Hehe.

subversion.sg said...

hope the military people don't read this because if they decide to deploy this as a field camp toilet paper holder, then it's a serious case of resource misapplication :-)

Gee Jae said...

roflmao sub, you're pretty witty with those replies!

Anonymous said...

hey, err, sub, you never know man, you never know...

subversion.sg said...

i used to be confrontational when security gave me the suspect treatment but come to think of it, they are just trying to do their job. i just played along to get through quickly, no point engaging them, some of these people are senior citizens.

E-Ray said...

Its great on the other hand that the mrt personals are doing their job well.
Kepping our tracks safe from harm.

Two thumbs up (Y) (Y)

Cheers

Unknown said...

someone should try stacking a few landmine distortion pedal in their pedals bag one day and take the mrt train lol wonder whats the reaction LOL

Abner said...

hahaha lol it toasted me a smile.. and i never smile.. ever.. so i guess i can say nice one..

ampz said...

try walking around with Coffin cases~~^^