Friday, April 15, 2011

Ibanez RGD321: Duncanized


Seymour Duncans in my Ibanez RGD321:
  • Neck: P-Rails
  • Bridge: Dimebucker
 I have expressed my acceptance of the Ibanez VK humbuckers which were default units in this guitar (& my ex-RGD320) but in this fixed bridge setting, they sound deeper than I'd like them to be (especially with the detuned nature of the RGD & its extended scale length). I've messed around with EQ settings & pickup height but that excess growl was ever-present. So the VKs made way for the above pair which added more clarity to the mix while retaining the rich bottom end. Wiring is courtesy of Beez (as always).

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

out of topic: do u know any tesla pickup(s) that sounds as same (or equivalent) as dimarzio super distortion?

subversion.sg said...

that would be the NITRO :-)

Anonymous said...

sound clips please....sub.:-}

subversion.sg said...

still messing with pickup height :-)