Sunday, October 30, 2011

Duncans in S570

Goodbye- The Infinity pickups in my Ibanez S570B had their last performance early yesterday morning... They are decent pickups but they do not manifest my preferred voicings for distortion. I prefer more bass in the bridge humbucker.

In with the new:

  • Neck: Duncan Jazz
  • Mid: Duncan Quarter Pound (Staggered)
  • Bridge: Duncan Custom
Duncan single coils come with default Strat-type mounting screws so they are oversized for the Ibanez cavity. I had to used the original Ibanez screws for it. Manufacturers should consider providing 2 sets of screws in the package because not everyone buys single coils for Strats- we have other guitars, don't we? Thanks Beez for the speedy job!

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

off-topic question bro, u do have RG/S guitars equipped with edge-III bridge right?

so does ZR bridge have the same dimension as edge-III?

subversion.sg said...

i don't own any more of those guitars, bro... but the last time i checked- they are not compatible.

idl3mind said...

I've been wanting to put Duncans in my RGA121 and my RG770DX

subversion.sg said...

ooo... i have Duncans in my RGA121 :-)