Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The psychology of playing different (neck profiles)

I'm supposed to re-string the above guitars but I ended up playing instead, I guess the re-stringing will happen later.

It's definitely a positive move to own more than one guitar with all intentions to help you play better off course (collection flaunting isn't the primary concern). I started off with the Ibanez S570B & played for about 20min then moving on to the Fender (American Special) Strat. There is more than a change of tonal responses here, it's the change in feel & playability that helped me pay attention to fretting technicalities. The different neck profiles somehow forced me to adapt to playing the same thing but with a different tool. Some of us are bothered by this, we have a singular preference, we stick to the instruments that work & allow very little room for variation. But I believe we learn more by adapting to changes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: NOT going to Swee Lee sale.

No comments: