Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Trio

These were the guitars played yesterday, from left to right:

Fender: American Special Strat
There was a sudden urge to hear some singlecoils in action so the American Special was my pick. The D'Addario steel strings did well to accentuate the singlecoil crisp. But being a distortion fan, I was easily bothered by the lack of bass in singlecoils.

Ibanez: Talman Acoustic
The only acoustic I own, I prefer this guitar's tone plugged in, rather ironic because acoustics are supposed to appeal unplugged. Anyway, this guitar was used for tapping practice. It helped build up finger dexterity which was the immediate benefit when I switched to the electric- tapping was a breeze.

Smash: S2 Lite
This is one of the guitars I am glad to have come across; cheap & cheerful. The S2's hefty feel has lots to do with the great tone it generates. In fact, I've kept the default pickups in tact because they sound above average through any amps I plug this guitar into, thanks to the body/weight - pickups chemistry.

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

that S2 lite, does it have maple fret version?

subversion.sg said...

Bro Ijau: no... Just rosewood. If you intend to purchase a Smash, just hold on a little while longer :-)

Anonymous said...

o.O what's gonna happen a litle while longer?

subversion.sg said...

he he... promised Mike I will update only when it draws near. but there's NO SALE happening for Swing...