Sunday, January 22, 2017

Don't forget (to play)


All the latest NAMM feeds in social media will make many of us rooted to screens everywhere, fixed on some serious new gear out there. Let's not forget to play, seriously. I'm taking a break from gear updates just to hear myself in action which we sometimes take for granted. 

The whole of yesterday saw me playing this Edwards E-MA on & off trying to figure out some ideas ringing in my head & it went past midnight. I rained for the most part anyway so staying indoors & hearing myself in action was the wisest thing to do. These days it's not about keep my technicalities up there but it's about proficiency; the ability to translate what one's thinking about immediately onto the instrument. I'm moving onto this focus because it's more gratifying than being frustrated trying to learn someone else's music or ideas & making a tremendous amount of mistakes along the way. However, this approach is not exclusive & might take a back seat once I have some other needs to attend to. It's about addressing the immediate concern. How long do I spend doing this? As long as it takes until the objective is met. 

Here's wishing you a good Sunday ahead & enjoying every guitar moment that comes your way 😸

No comments: