Thursday, December 4, 2008

The first (Part 7)


The first set of replacement strings I bought was the Ernie Ball Super Slinky .009, recommended by my guitar playing cousin who had a set in his RG550. Regardless of the hype, I just went ahead & bought a pack because the slinkiness of a fresh set was pure attraction itself. However, it didn't last long especially for rookies like me (that was like... 15 years ago) who didn't know the value of a string wipe-down after each play. I kept buying the Slinky set rather often, which took a toll on my piggy. I switched to Dean Markleys instead...


I recently came across a newly packaged Slinky & the lure was there so I bought a pack not to re-live the juvenile rush of having a new set of strings in one's guitar, but to acknowledge the manufacturer's Element Shield packaging technology because the ones I bought back then often contain traces of rust/deterioration. Hmm, which guitar deserves a fresh pack of Slinky...?

By the way, I got this from Standard Value...

No comments: