Monday, December 1, 2008

Pocket Pod Express!

Yeah! I just gotten myself the Pocket POD Express (totally unnecessary as I already own the Pocket POD) & as you can see here, I've tested it out with my favourite X-Mini speaker. It sounds above average & the tones are as POD as it gets but these lack the refined output of its bigger brother's (Poecket POD is actually of identical dimensions but much bloated, the PP Express sports a trimmed depth). Thumbs up!

CAUTION
I initially inserted the AAA batteries into the PPE the wrong way round & it heated up while I was away watching Silence of the Lambs. The PPE was as hot as my morning cup of coffee when I came back to it much later, no kidding...

Having the batteries in the unit the wrong way round also jammed the cover hatch, so please be mindful on this entailment.

When I managed to get the batteries out & re-used them, they lasted for about 5min & died- this is a fresh set of alkaline AAA batteries, mind you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, can u use the pocket pod to do guitar recording? thanks.

Anonymous said...

what is the pocket POD/PPE all about? i still don't understand what it is.

subversion.sg said...

Sean: Nope- the PPE has no USB feature, if you wish for a recording accessibility, it's the PP at the very least.

The POD units are signal processes, very much like the multi-FX units of other brand names.