Thursday, December 25, 2008

How I spent Xmas

Well, how did I spend this holiday? With my Ernie Ball SUB1 guitar, of course...
  • removed the strings
  • re-conditioned the fretboard, it looked very pale but no dry spots detected
  • re-string with a set of .009 GHS Boomers
  • checked intonation
  • played for hours
I managed to have the action done to a very low setting for this guitar since I bought it, which was possible because the nut was factory-slotted to be deep. Wish EBMM didn't discontinue this one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ernie Ball isn't exactly well known for their guitars. At least not in SG shores. Where did you get yours from?

subversion.sg said...

it's not a matter of being well known, it's whether the community deems it popular; same goes for Peavey guitars.

Davis GMC used to be the EBMM distributor briefly (2 years ago), got mine from them.