Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Am I being too nice?

After more than 15 years dealing with people on matters pertaining to guitars, I wonder if I'm being too nice to some of them, considering:
  1. They leave horrible scratches on my guitar body after an agreement to borrow & 'take care'
  2. Misplacing my equipment when it's time to return them to me
  3. Letting them pay in installments stretching over years
  4. Accompanying people to guitar shops & putting them in good stead to the sellers knowing they would end up buying nothing
  5. Letting people dictate the prices of items they are buying from me
  6. Letting people own the items for sale first & agreeing to defer payment
  7. Letting people come over to my place to try my prized possessions (& mishandling them)
  8. Mailing free strings, cables & picks to complete strangers knowing they need them more than I do
  9. Etc.
  10. Etc...
But my good doctor (pic above) says he had known people like me who are, on the outset, very passive & accommodating but remain to be the most ferocious & damaging should their limits be traversed. According to him I am the type who are subliminally vindictive but are in denial about it because things have been rosy all along. I am too busy pacifying myself with my indulgences (must be my guitars, yes?)rather than taking account of the bitter episodes that came & went.

Oh really?

10 comments:

FusionStream said...

Dude.. Can I ask.. would you happen to know where I can buy 500R pots cheap in singapore?

FusionStream said...

It's for a pedal power box I'm making

subversion.sg said...

Dude to you too.

check Davis & Zen Guitarworks.

Anonymous said...

you sir, if really did what you stated in your post, earn my respect, sir.

*oh yea, i'm a fan of your blog. :D *

subversion.sg said...

thank you my friend, for reading :-)

Marcus said...

i will never forget your kindness and all 4 years ago at a tender age of 15 :):)

marcus

subversion.sg said...

thanks for remembering- you make my day.

Ijau D. Koceng said...

i like that no. 8 clause

subversion.sg said...

i've mailed stuff to indonesia as well, i used to chat (IRC- those were the days) with guitar-playing lads there who had to wait 3 months just to change guitar strings...

Loki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.