Saturday, April 3, 2010

Going back to fundamentals

A tried & tested combo: Marshall + Ibanez

Time & again, I'd get frustrated trying to get that workable tone for my needs. I'd turn to my JVM410 & any Ibanez guitars to hear what I've been missing. I am fundamentally a guitar + amp person so trying anything else would only breed rejects.

I have been listening to my playing through this amp while sitting quite a distance away from the drivers (I usually sit very near to conjure that feedback effect readily), I also stood up at times. When one stands farther away from one's amp, one can hear a wider range of frequency in action. The tone would be more balanced, as opposed to sitting very close to the cab. The JVM is a worthy investment. It's one angry amp I didn't regret acquiring.

No comments: