Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rampaging QC

I was out & about, trying to get myself a belated present which is an alternative good reason for staying out & coming home late. Anyway, I saw the G&L Rampage, Jerry Cantrell model above. Being a sucker for guitars with a solitary humbucker, I took interest in it as it is $990 (rather affordable at this point in time of my life...). A closer look revealed misaligned strings (against the pickup pole-pieces) so it was a NO. I wonder if:

  1. It's the manufacturer's omission in including a Duncan Trembucker version when the Kahler bridge doesn't require such a pickup manifestation (maybe) or,
  2. this guitar is a second model, meaning- it has a non-life threatening defect but would sell anyway...
I really don't know. What I know for sure is, I won't be buying it.

No comments: