Monday, April 19, 2010

Worthy quote: Herman Li

Some worthy considerations by Mr. Herman Li on guitars:

"I'm not a vintage guitar guy. I'm into the instrument evolving & getting better & better with technology. That's why I've got my signature model- to make a better guitar for me to play."

I did attend Herman's Li clinic when he was here in Singapore some time back, way before Ibanez released his E-gen series. I asked him about the different Ibanez guitars made in various countries: Japan/ Korea/ China/ Indonesia. Mr. Li is not too particular about guitars being made in certain parts of the world. All he wants is well-made guitars regardless of origin so he can focus more on his playing.

2 comments:

JAIRO said...

ala kalau gitar dari surga sekali pun kalau main haprak... sama la juga... kekekeke

subversion.sg said...

when we progress in our playing, we tend to look for guitars to complement our quirks, but when first start out, we don't do so because we don't know our true playing self... yet.