Monday, October 18, 2010

Ibanez RG1451: Duncanized

After the acquisition of my favoured Seymour Duncan pickups, I finally had my Ibanez RG1451 Duncanized. Beez was responsible for the make-over, it's one of his sub-15min routine.

I would like to share with you the looks of the guitars' innards, particularly the pickup cavities. Note the special channel which passed through all 3 cavities as indicated; this is a thoughtful inclusion by Ibanez. As we adjust our pickup height & screw in accordingly, the wires underneath might get crushed. That channel ensures some room in there in the event that we screw in our pickups till they hit bottom but the wires don't get flattened unnecessarily. Neat, yes? The finish is also deserving of its Prestige tag- very tidy.

Along with the pickups swap, the familiar Orange Drop cap & push-pull switch to go with the tonal change.

The pickups in this guitar:
  • Neck: Jazz
  • Middle: Classic Stack +
  • Bridge: JB trembucker

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you gonna do with the v6 pickups ? hmm, I wonder how the v6 sounds like, never played with em before compared to the pickups ibanez usually put in their mid guitars, the v7-v8.

subversion.sg said...

he he... they'll be hybernating somewhere. i've quite an accumulation of such pickups actually, selling them cheap if there are keen buyers. i ever sold a pair of Ibanez INF pickups for $50: neck + bridge. at least they are in the hands of people who have a use for them...

Ijau D. Koceng said...

ever thought of garage sale bro? :)

subversion.sg said...

i did that once- way before i was active online. managed to clear some stuff- pedals, used pickups, even some spare parts: tune-omatic bridge/ knobs...

AntAnt said...

This is a guitar of my taste! Fixed bridge, 2 Duncan hums, and ... white! I also do a lot of soldering if you check my blog, you should learn how to do simple things, it is easy and rewarding! I started at 16, now I am 41 , I have modded a number of 100+ gtrs and basses...

AntAnt said...

Is it possible for you to post a closeup of the bridge? I would like to see how it is made, and how you raise/lower the action... I think I see only one screw there... or here's my mail, antant(at)otenet(dot)gr

subversion.sg said...

the cross section of the Tight End bridge can be found in Ibanez's homepage. my other pics are here: http://theguitaraddict.blogspot.com/2010/06/ibanez-rg1451.html

yes, that solitary screw is the action adjustment screw. simple mechanism, that's what the Tight End is all about.

naz said...

hi sub, need advice from you. I have some pickup problems. More of d height adjustment screw n d corner of my pick up problems. Tot of bringing it to beez, but would like to get an opinion from you. Can email me?

subversion.sg said...

Done :-) pls check your e-mail...