Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2010: Guitars to check out (...& buying. Maybe)

Some stuff I would wanna check out this 2010. Firstly, it's the Ibanez RG1451; something non-whammy for my current needs. I've been enjoying whammyless guitars for quite a while, they manifest my ideas & techniques (or the lack of) better than many other guitars.

I would be looking forward to try the RGD320, something with a longer scale length. Why not the Prestige version? Because that one has only a single knob; I prefer a tone & volume control but whatever I can get my hands on, I will play.

Itching to own another 7-string, something non-whammy, of course. The RGA would be a good bet but the active pickups in there is something to think about. Hmm...

Definitely would want to check the American Special out. I have always believed in the lesser Fenders, not that they are cheap for cheap's sake but the quality is evident. The American Special promises to be 1-up against the Highway1 series so let's see what the refinements are...


The PRS SE Singlecut Korina is definitely on my list. I have limited interest in single cutaway guitars but this one is a definite consideration.
   

Finally, an ESP would be one of my to-get guitar this year. Looking for something less conventional but nothing protrusive in terms of the body outline. Was thinking of the Viper or the above Phoenix.

8 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

does RGD already available in south east asia market?

subversion.sg said...

not yet bro... coming in soon, i was told :-)

say, what string gauge are you using? i might have a complimentary set of strings for you- no worries, postage bourne on me...

Ijau D. Koceng said...

i used super light 9-42 gauge (mostly d'addario)

complimentary? hey dude, thanks...

subversion.sg said...

cool. i'm letting you try a set of Dean Markley 'vintage' yellow pack, 9-42. do give me your mailing address here: subversion@lycos.com, you don't want to be telling the whole world your address here, would you?

Ijau D. Koceng said...

done... and thanks

subversion.sg said...

don't mention it :-) it' my way of saying thanks for following my blog...

E-Ray said...

Wow ur choices are great. Btw do u recoment a strat with texas pups or the H1. And for a budget of 1k and below which is better Mij Cij or Mim? pup change maybe later. (:

subversion.sg said...

hi there :-)

decision making is really a personal & subjective exercise. pickups like the Texas Special, was conceived to appeal in a certain voicing consideration, the best way torelate to this is to hear it in action. i'm not one to recommend pickups by virtue of their tags; it's more relevant to put forth certain brands/models after knowing the players' tonal needs. maybe you can tell me your desired tone, first...