Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ibanez GRGR010LTD

It had been a disturbing week for me. 2 causes:
  1. Facebook: I created a Facebook account simply to keep up with friends. The posse who frequent this blog are guitar dweebs, Facebook is my attempt to keep in touch with contacts who are not guitar-inclined. However I, find it very intrusive & contrary to my approval; people have my pics up when I took pains to be invisible. I was also privy to matters pertaining to others' hobbies/ indulgences which I find not insightful & just don't want to be a part of but this baggage comes with the online relationship. It's a petty issue to many of us but to me it's a colossal bother.
  2. Work: I've been bothered by work tremendously, it's about the nature of the job, nothing to do with the volume & people I work with. I'm beginning to find very little meaning staying in this profession.
Retail therapy- I went to Swee Lee to check out some new (2010) Ibanez models when I came across the above Ibanez GRGR010LTD; a simple, very affordable guitar. It's nothing fantastic as it hails from the GIO series & feature a very juvenile body graphic. Played it for quite a while in store & it 'healed' me. Sort of. So we went home together.

PS: Thanks to brother Jumahat @ Swee Lee BB showroom, for much help- thumbs up bro!

8 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

last year limited gio was one with crescent moon on 12-fret, still available in some stores

although i'm not quite a collector, but the temptation was there :)

cheer-up dude

subversion.sg said...

thanks for the cheers :-)

i'm not a collector by any means but i won't brush any good guitar aside.

Anonymous said...

Sub, i can't seem to find you on facebook... are you still there?

subversion.sg said...

no... i closed my account. i'm happier this way. spectres like me don't find Facebook useful...

Anonymous said...

Just as well Sub. So, it's only work that's troubling u? Not sure if blogging is cathartic for you... Do keep blogging! U have a bunch of loyal followers right here.

Cheers!

subversion.sg said...

the objective of this blog is mere sharing, really. if i can be of help in any other way, i'd be more than happy to address queries here :-) having a good following is a bonus...

before Facebook, i find Friendster repulsive as well.

Anonymous said...

nice to have money to waste, that's a junky guitar. Get a therapist if you have issues, stop wasting your money on crap. Needless buying won't bring happiness. Read some Buddhist texts some time.

subversion.sg said...

regardless of popular opinion, if it's my guitar, then it's no junky cess. the only reason i buy any guitar, regardless of its price, is the fact that it brings out the good in my playing. it's a strange chemistry but it's different with each guitar.