Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ESP family

My current 2 ESP guitars- Phoenix II (top) & Eclipse II (bottom)...
  • Phoenix II: My current fix, a wonderful guitar despite it not being in a likable manifestation in my books.
  • Eclipse II: Not a fan of active pickups but I like these EMGs. The guitar's satin finish is the most attractive I've come across not in terms of visual attraction but in feel
It seems that ESP has this niche in coming up with appeal regardless of forms- I'm not a singlecut design fan, I'm not too eager when it comes to designs which ape other brand names. But ESP made them appealing.

5 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

what? no horizon II?

the one with leaf/tongue headstock

subversion.sg said...

that was a sad story- i did order the Horizon but it failed to come...

Ijau D. Koceng said...

i love the shape of horizons (leaf/tongue headstock) especially that came from custom shops - similar to that thomas youngblood (kamelot) used in concerts

but ESP price tag scares me, even LTD models too... that's why i go for RG camp (GRG i mean hehehe)

subversion.sg said...

bro, the LTD models here are priced to entice, price starts @ SGD299 for selected series-50 models...

Ijau D. Koceng said...

but here some LTD series-50 namely F-50, EC-50 and M-50 were around RM1000-1400 (S$400-600)