Monday, July 5, 2010

Lazy Sunday

For the past few days or so, the sun was hardly out to burn anyone's skin. Across the island, the rain lulled people into enjoying some laid back moments & for the whole of yesterday, my guitar moments were restricted to a cable & desk top amp. I was enjoying the cool weather too much to have any extensive set up going.

On the subject of desk top amps, I realize my Vox amPlug + cab last longer when they run on batteries compared to my other similar amps (Marshall MS2/ Fender Mini Twin...). Maybe the secret lies with the fact that the amPlug & its cab run on separate batteries. I enjoy my music better this way because the batteries don't drain easily to affect the distortion voicing. Once batteries begin to run out of power, quality distortion begins to fuzz out affecting clarity & definition.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the warmer drive sound when my MS-2 battery is about 70%.

Whenever i change a new batt, it sounded too dry and bright - like chewing aluminium foil...yikes! :)

Fitch

Dr. Bentara said...

how many guitars do you have bro... exactly?

subversion.sg said...

current standing: 39 electric + 1 acoustic + 1 bass...

today going down to guitar shop to test something out... might end up buying. yikes!

Ijau D. Koceng said...

lazy sunday, with lazy setup hehehe...

abang ben:
check out his esp horizon-ii... i vote that for the sexiest guitar in his collections :)

subversion.sg said...

bro Fitch- i like bright sounding output to begin with, i'd then mess with EQ to taste :-)

Anonymous said...

Ditto...i have my Boss GE-7 to "cream" it :)


Fitch

Anonymous said...

haha sub you really should stock up on fire insurance for your place :p

subversion.sg said...

what timing- we just renewed our home fire policy a few days ago :-)