Thursday, June 8, 2017

Gunslinging revival


This may sound far-fetched & ridiculous but I dreamt of my BC Rich Gunslinger two nights ago. In that dream, I was laughed at because no sound came out of it. I couldn't recall if it was the amp's fault but it prompted me to bring this guitar out the following morning.


True enough, the pot was dead & I had Beez fixed in a new one yesterday. This time, it's a plain pot with no coil-splitting feature since I didn't use it much in this guitar.


I actually had this pack of strings in the guitar bag, no idea how long it's been hibernating in there but it's good to go. I'm not averse to the lesser known guitar string brands, I'm always game to try. Sometimes the obscure ones are full of pleasant surprises. 😁


Here's why I have no use for a coil split feature; I have a very high output pickup in there- the Lace   Alumitone Deathbucker. I would deem it as an angrier DiMarzio X2N with no practical clan applications, let alone hearing it in single coil mode. I also swapped the default bridge out to the Graph Tech Floyd Rose-esque model. The original bridge was a Floyd Rose Special which I find detestable. The FRS features very brittle zinc parts which gave way more than once. So dreams are premonitions after all. 

5 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

featured in my blog 2 weeks ago :)

subversion.sg said...

Oh ya, I recall now 👍🏾

Marcus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcus said...

Wow im keen to know how it sounds , eyeing an esquire now. Something with no neck pup.

subversion.sg said...

Bro, I pimped this ARIA tele-style to sport only one pickup: http://theguitaraddict.blogspot.sg/2014/06/aria-615-frontier-3.html