Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Twilight: Breaking Dawn (P2) [Spoiler alert- sort of]

Ah... the advent of December 2012 means the conclusion of the Twilight saga. Braving the rain last evening, I finally watched the movie & the timing of it was intentional; I had waited for the fever to die down & chose a time slot where there would be the least number of juvenile annoyances in the cinema. I have no obligations to watch this concluding installment but due to my previous commitment of watching the preceding episodes, this one was a lingering bother, watching it (at the Mrs' expense) was a fitting closure.

OK, I wasn't too thrilled to see the plot unravel as I have read the story's synopsis a few days ago; it's a matter to ensuring the synopsis didn't short-change me. However, this concluding episode was the most engaging & the least melancholic & sentimental- lots of head snapping, my kinda vampire story. But I was raised on a different vampire philosophy, the nefarious, blood-sucking entity scorched by sunlight & the ability to transform into a bat to facilitate travel. Instead, I witnessed running blood suckers- so fast they out-run snowflake crystallization- glitter-skinned, pale-faced, vampire variants. From the very start, I find the vampire manifestation here very wrong but it's an artistic twist we could all accept in the name of entertainment. So we now know why the human was excessively attracted to the stinking dog wolf despite already having a leech blood-sucker attached to her; it's the baby's doing. The ultimate annoyance here would be the CGI vampire baby which was done rather distastefully. This was only second to the fact that vampires drove Volvos devoid of license plates. Alright, maybe seeing apples on the dining table of vampire residences would count as well. The confrontation scene was easily the best but at the end of it all, it's a foreclosure of a failed future. What a waste.

At the end of it all, I'm pressed to believe that The Volturi's Marcus (A) has some relations to Cradle of Filth's Paul Allender (B), the excessive face make-up removal might tell us a little more.

No comments: