Monday, December 17, 2012

DiMarzio-ed: RG721

Acquired some pickups lately, this pair included: DiMarzio D-Sonic (bridge)/ Air Norton (neck).

If you've read my other DiMarzio entries, you'll know that I'm not a keen DiMarzio fan but I won't exclude the good tones I hear from any pickup brands.

The DiMarzio pair you see above are in my Ibanez RG721. The D-Sonic gets my thumbs up for clarity but it has a generous bass response & the way you orientate the pole pieces affects the bass response (seriously). I like it this way as it complements heavy distortion. The Air Norton- it's something I've tried before & liked. I still like it for that midrange emphasis & warmth in the neck position, it's not as commanding in the bridge.

Beez- superb workmanship as usual!

I have 3 other guitars awaiting pickups swap, hoping to get them done over the next few days...

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

dimarzio-ed

a rare word to be heard in theguitaraddict :)

subversion.sg said...

not really- my first RG (1991) has DiMarzios... it still has DiMarzios in there :-)