Thursday, December 20, 2012

Schecter: Omen 7... TESLA-rised

Ah... my Schecter Omen 7 is back to life. Recent ailments:
  • Dead pot
  • 3-way pickup selector- unreliable contact
Sent it to Beez for parts replacement. The selector issue was no surprise, other Schecter owners related to me how theirs couldn't maintain a good contact despite have them sprayed (with contact spray) countless times. My advice to you- get it replaced, it doesn't cost much.

While I was at it, I managed to swap the pickups with a pair of TESLA Plasma 7s- yeah! I love how these sound in this guitar; lots of distortion clarity + a little surprise in the cleans :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hows the tone of the Plasma 7s compared to the other pups you have tried sub?

subversion.sg said...

this isn't my first Plasma 7 encounter, certainly not :-) i know the Plasma 7 has a little more restraint in terms of the top end, compared to the Nitro & this influences the distortion response. it is this character that makes it a strong, clean performer