Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gibson: SG Standard (mine...)

Occasionally, I will acquire something not really to my preference but a worthy inclusion in my tone arsenal. The 'Gibson' brand name is an indisputable icon when it comes to tone & that's not just for show. The instrument presents itself to be of certain indigenous character, well-vouched by people in this industry. So I thought, since the SG Standard is given a cosmetic make-over come 2013, I'd spend some good money (since there are no more Ibanez/ ESP distractions in the mean time) to own one pre-2013 model & this cherry-finished version was it.

That said, I am not obliged to embrace & forgive the manufacturer's instrument-making philosophy; I still deem the SG a forgiven reject (that neck dive, let's not get into that) but it's something I can live with.This isn't my first SG, mind you.

No comments: